My account has been locked
What does “locked” mean?
You can still log into the account normally, but you are prevented from voting, posting, editing or deleting existing content, moderating, sending private messages (except responses to official notifications from staff), changing account settings, and deactivating the account. This is to prevent your account from potential misuse or destruction of your content.
Why did you lock my account?
Gsmarthub is constantly working to keep your accounts safe and secure. Our security teams monitor many sources looking for potential threats. We also understand that frequent travel and VPN use are common and these factors are taken into consideration.
How do I unlock my account?
All you need to do is reset your password. Make sure to enter both your username and the email address registered to that username in the fields.
Why can’t I change my email address on a locked account?
Email addresses cannot be changed while an account is locked to prevent any potential unauthorized user from changing the address to one under their control, preventing the original account owner from regaining access.
What if I’m not receiving the reset emails?
- Check your spam, junk, and/or bulk mail folders in case your mail provider filtered them from your inbox.
- Confirm that you are requesting a reset for the correct address. You can check the address associated with your account by viewing your preferences when you are logged into the browser version of the site.
- If your address is correct and you still are not receiving the reset emails, contact us.
What do I do if my email address is out of date?
- Log in to your account via www.gsmarthub.com/login
- Check your preferences to confirm that your old email address is present
- Click this link to contact us. Briefly explain the issue and make sure to include your new email address.
- Please note that you will only receive a response if we are able to assist with gaining access to the account.